If your application looks good, we’ll call you in for an interview. Here are some tips for how to make the interview go as smoothly as possible.
getting ready for your interview
- Look at the copy of your application form so you can remember how you answered the questions.
- Wear something clean and smart that you feel comfortable in. If your interview is scheduled straight after school, it’s okay to come along in your uniform.
- Make sure you leave plenty of time to get to the interview - plan to arrive about 10 minutes before your interview time.
- When you arrive at the restaurant, let the hiring manager know that you've arrived.
at the interview
Here are some of the most common questions we ask. Think about how you'd answer, and ask friends or family for their advice on what to say.
- Why are you interested in working at McDonald's?
- What achievements and skills do you think will be useful in this job?
- What kind of things do you enjoy doing outside school/work?
- Give some examples of situations where you have worked or participated in a team and whether that worked well and if it didn't work well, why?
- Give some examples of any customer situations you've been in where you may have faced a difficult customer and how you handled it.
If you're really nervous take some deep breaths and try to relax. Take your time when answering questions and try to show how your skills and abilities will help you perform the job. If you don't understand a question, don't be afraid to ask the interviewer to repeat it.