Charlie Bell Scholarship for Future Leaders 2018
In recognition of the contribution made by the former McDonald’s Corporation CEO, Charlie Bell, a scholarship for future leaders has been created in his name.
Charlie commenced his career as a crew person with McDonald’s Kingsford in 1976 at the age of 15 and quickly progressed through the ranks, becoming Australia’s youngest restaurant manager at the age of 19. He was appointed Managing Director of McDonald’s Australia in 1993 and then ultimately President and Chief Executive Officer of McDonald’s Corporation in April 2004 at the age of 43.
The Charlie Bell Scholarship for Future Leaders will reward successful candidates with a contribution of up to $15,000 towards tuition fees for their chosen undergraduate or post graduate study.
All short-listed applicants will be presented with an opportunity to participate in a leadership program, facilitated by DDI Asia Pacific, focused on the fundamentals of leadership, how to better motivate people and provide feedback and the personal attributes that can enable or derail leaders.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible to apply for the Scholarship, applicants must:
- Gain acceptance to or be enrolled in, an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at an Australian University;
- Be available to commence university or continue university, as the case may be, in semester 1, 2018;
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- In respect of the Employee Award, the applicant must be employed by McDonald’s or its franchisees.
- If an applicant is aged under 18 years, parental consent is required to validate the Scholarship application.
Entries for 2018 Scholarship open Monday 21st August and will close on Wednesday 1st November 2017.
Applications documents are to be submitted via email to email@example.com in pdf format (file size cannot exceed 25MB). Application Form is a fillable pdf form, please complete and save before sending.
Please do not contact McDonald’s with regards to your scholarship application once lodged. All successful and unsuccessful applicants will be contacted in due course.