1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
2. Any actual communication costs associated with accessing the promotional website remain the responsibility of each entrant and are dependent on the Internet and/or mobile network service provider used. The Promoter will bear any costs associated with any response sent to entrants. Any contact details entered incorrectly on the website shall be deemed invalid and will result in an ineligible entry.
3. Entry into the promotion is only open to residents of Victoria, Australia aged between 6 and 12 years (inclusive) as at Thursday 24 September 2015. Entrants must obtain the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the promotion and provide personal information about themselves. All entries of entrants who do not provide the required parental consent (as and where required) will be deemed invalid. These Conditions of Entry will bind the entrant and any parent or legal guardian who gives their consent.
4. To be eligible for one of the prizes, entrants must be able to travel to and attend the “Mac Pack Netball Super Clinic” at State Netball Hockey Centre, 10 Brens Drive, Parkville, Victoria on Thursday 24 September 2015. All travel costs incurred will be at the expense of the winning entrants. The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families including their children and wards) of the Promoter, its related entities, corporations or franchisees, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter this promotion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
5. Promotion commences 6am AEST on Friday 31 July 2015 and closes 11:59pm AEST on Thursday 10 September 2015 (“Promotional Period”).
6. To enter the promotion, eligible entrants must, during the Promotional Period, visit www.macpack.com.au, follow the prompts to the competition entry page, and enter the information requested in the manner required, including providing their full name, age, gender and explain in 25 words or less why they would like to attend the clinic as well confirming they have the consent of a parent or legal guardian, and providing (with consent) their parent or legal guardian’s full name, suburb, postcode, contact number and email address.
7. Only one entry per person into the promotion is permitted. Any subsequent entry after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Incomplete, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner(s). All eligible entries received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period will be judged by a panel of of appropriately qualified judges at 11:00am (AEST) on 11 September 2015 at Crocmedia, 1/435 Malvern Road, South Yarra Victoria, Australia to determine the 200 winners in the Promotion. All eligible entries will be judged on the basis of originality and creative merit. The best 200 eligible entries as determined by the judges will win the prize(s). All prize(s) are subject to the prize supplier’s prevailing terms and conditions of use and these Conditions of Entry. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner (and their parent or legal guardian, if the winner is aged under 18 years) may be required to sign legal release(s) in a form determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion.
10. All winners of the promotion will be notified in writing (by email). All reasonable attempts to notify the winners will be taken by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Each winner will win one (1) place at the “Mac Pack Netball Super Clinic” at State Netball Hockey Centre, 10 Brens Drive, Parkville, Victoria attended by Bianca Chatfield, on Thursday 24 September 2015, valued at up to $200 , and consisting of:
(a) entry into a two (2) hour netball skills clinic; and
(b) one (1) Mac Pack Netball Super Clinic showbag.
12. Each winner must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian in order to accept and participate in the prize and attend the “Mac Pack Netball Super Clinic”. Parents and legal guardians are not able to participate in the skills clinic and will not be awarded a Mac Pack Netball Super Clinic showbag.
13. Entrants who are awarded a prize must confirm their eligibility to accept and participate in the prize within five (5) days of being successfully notified by the Promoter that they have been awarded the prize, otherwise their entry will be deemed invalid. The prize must be taken on Thursday 24 September 2015 to coincide with the “Mac Pack Netball Super Clinic”, otherwise the entire prize is forfeited. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the cancellation, rescheduling, change or delay of the “Mac Pack Netball Super Clinic” for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
14. The Promoter may award the prize to the next best judged entry at 11:00am (AEST) on Thursday 17 September 2015 in order to distribute the prize (if any) unclaimed by that date, subject to any written directions given under applicable State legislation. In the event of the winner in the unclaimed prize draw or draws, the winner will be notified in writing (by email). All reasonable attempts to notify the winner (if any) will be taken by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. If for any reason a winner does not take the prize or an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu.
16. There are 200 prizes to be awarded in this promotion. Total maximum prize pool value is up to AUD $40,000. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
17. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The winner agrees to participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
18. Without limiting clause 17 above, It is a condition of entry that the winner and their parent or legal guardian agree to the following:
(a) the Promoter may publish the winner’s name;
(b) the winner and their parent or legal guardian may be required to take part in various interviews, photograph sessions and film recordings, taken before, during and after their attendance at the Mac Pack Netball Super Clinic;
(c) the Promoter may use the winner’s entry, interviews, photographs and film recordings (“Materials”) and the winner’s and their parent’s or guardian’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) recorded during the production of the Materials in any media, including but not limited, to TV, online, radio and press;
(d) the Promoter may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials as the Promoter wishes at anytime, anywhere, and by any means. The Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
(e) upon creation of the Materials the winner and their parent or legal guardian grants to the Promoter a royalty free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use the Materials for whatever purpose; and
(f) the winner and their parent or legal guardian consent to any use of the Materials in a way which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
19. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
(a) to disqualify any entrant; or
(b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion and/or, if necessary, provide an alternative prize or prizes to the same value as an original prize or prizes, subject to any written directions made under applicable State legislation.
20. If a prize or element of a prize becomes unavailable, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a comparable prize or prize element of equal or greater value will be awarded in lieu, subject to any written directions made under applicable State legislation. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute another sportsperson of a similar calibre to Bianca Chatfield or to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value, if Bianca Chatfield is unavailable to participate in the “Mac Pack Netball Super Clinic” on 24 September 2015 for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
21. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees, franchisees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Conditions of Entry;
(e) if the Mac Pack Netball Super Clinic or associated skills clinics are cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter including if Bianca Chatfield is not able to attend the event for any reason;
(f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
(g) attendance and participation at the prize event.
22. Any attempt, deliberate or otherwise, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the promotional website or the information on the promotional website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
23. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Conditions of Entry or any other legal obligation by an entrant or the entrant’s parent or legal guardian, the entrant and the entrant’s parent or legal guardian agrees to indemnify the promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
24. As a condition of attending the Mac Pack Netball Super Clinic at State Netball Hockey Centre – 10 Brens Drive, Parkville , the parent or guardian of each winner must execute any legal documentation as and in the form reasonably required by the Promoter / prize supplier / organisers in their absolute discretion including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
30. Linked Sites: The promotional website may contain links to other websites ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are for your convenience only and you access them at your own risk. The Promoter is not responsible for the content of the Linked Sites, whether or not the Promoter is affiliated with the Linked Sites. The Promoter does not in any way endorse the Linked Sites and is not responsible for the quality or delivery of any products or services offered, accessed or advertised by such Linked Sites. To the extent that these Linked Sites collect personal information or postings from you, the Promoter shall not bear any responsibility or liability for the manner in which such information or postings are used or exploited.
31. The Promoter is McDonald’s Australia Limited of 21-29 Central Avenue, Thornleigh NSW 2120. ABN 43 008 496 928.