We value you, your growth and your contributions. That’s why we’ve provided the things that matter, plus some great benefits.
it sets you up for life
At McDonald’s, you’ll learn valuable skills which will serve you will in all areas of life, like time management, customer service, and how to work as part of a team. You’ll also be trained in professional skills like handling money, quality control, and equipment maintenance. Learn more about the training we offer.
you'll make new friends
McDonald’s is a fun environment with a friendly team. It’s a great way to meet new people or to work with your existing friends. Plus, there’s always a social event every year.
the hours are flexible
Many of our restaurants offer work hours that can fit around your commitments, like school, sport or family. To help young employees balance work and studying, our flexible rostering system can accommodate exam periods and other important activities. Plus, if you're a student under 17, you won't be asked to work after 11pm on a school night.
there's great discounts
You’ll receive the exclusive myBENEFITS Card, offering fantastic discounts on McDonald’s food - including a 50% discount on a meal during, before or after each shift you work, and other discounts at McDonald’s restaurants Australia-wide, even when you’re not at work. As a McDonald’s employee, you’ll also receive access to an incredible online benefits site which has offers from over 300 retailers as well as ‘cash back’ incentives for purchases made through the site.
it's a safe environment
We’re committed to providing a work environment where everyone can expect to be treated equally, with dignity and respect. We promise to provide fair pay and safe working conditions for all, and we have strict Equal Employment Opportunity and Workplace Safety policies in place.
scholarships & grants
Juggling work, study and your personal life can be hard. So to make it all worthwhile, we award a number of Sports Grants* and Crew Scholarships* to support your studies and sporting dreams.
To be awarded the McDonald's Crew Scholarship fund, you don’t have to be the top of your class or a star athlete. Instead, it allows us to give something back to you for showing dedication and working hard at McDonald's, while remaining in school.
* Conditions apply. Value and qualifying criteria may vary between states. Crew Scholarships and Sports Grants are only available to McDonald's employees.
Making a career at McDonald’s means you’ll be entitled to a wide range of benefits and rewards. Some rewards are available from day one, others are provided to reward your increasing skills, responsibility and performance.
- Extensive Management Development Program which can lead to qualifications up to an Advanced Diploma in Business Management.
- Potential attendance at Assistant Manager and Restaurant Manager Conventions.
- Restaurant Managers may also be entitled a Company Car and private health care for you and your family.
- Flexible rostering system through our shift arrangements. Most of our restaurants trade 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Therefore, the majority of our mangers are “fully flexible” meaning they are available to work any time or day of the week. Rosters are posted in advance, and will change from week to week allowing them to accommodate a wide range of non-work related activities.
Charlie Bell Scholarship for Future Leaders
In recognition and remembrance of the contribution made by the former McDonald’s Australia and McDonald’s Corporation CEO, Charlie Bell, a scholarship for future leaders has been created in his name.
The Charlie Bell Scholarship for Future Leaders was established to help talented individuals balance the demands of work, study and their personal commitments. The scholarship rewards both successful McDonald’s employees and external candidates with a contribution of up to $15,000 towards tuition fees for their chosen undergraduate or post graduate study.
McDonald’s supports the Australian Defence Force Reserves
McDonald’s is in a great position to provide the flexibility needed to enable McDonald’s employees to serve in the reserves both during their training and during active deployment.