CONSUMER GAME OF CHANCE COMPETITION
SCHEDULE TO CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
2016 Toyota AFL Grand Final Promotion: West Coast Eagles, Fremantle Dockers and WAFL.
McDonald’s Australia Limited (ABN 43 008 496 928) of 21 – 29 Central Avenue, Thornleigh, New South Wales 2120; telephone: (02) 9875 6666
The Competition commences at 10:30am (AWST) 3 August 2016 & ends 12 midnight (AWST) 9 September 2016.
Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 14+.
The Competition will be conducted in all WA restaurants.
Any Create Your Taste® burger or salad
To enter the Competition, Eligible Entrants must, during the Competition Period, purchase any one or more Eligible Products from a Participating Restaurant while Eligible Products are available for sale in that Participating Restaurant and retain proof of purchase, then obtain an official entry code from McDonald’s crew at time of purchase, and fully and correctly complete the entry form in the manner required by entering details at www.mcdonalds.com.au/grand-final-package.
Limit of one entry per Eligible Entrant per Eligible Product purchase.
All entries received by the Promoter during the Competition Period will be entered into the draw. The draw to determine the winners will take place at Monday 12 September 2016, 10am (AWST) at 18 Lyall St, Ascot WA.
Unclaimed Prize Draw
In the event of any unclaimed Prize(s), the Promoter will hold an unclaimed prize draw at 10.30am (AWST) on 19th September 2016 at 18 Lyall St, Ascot WA to award the Prize(s) if unclaimed by that date.
The first two eligible entries randomly drawn in the Draw from all entries received during the Competition Period will each win two tickets to the 2016 Toyota AFL Grand Final, including returns flights from Perth to Melbourne including two nights’ accommodation in Melbourne, valued at AUD$2,464.00 (including GST).
Total Maximum Prize Value
Total maximum value of all Prize(s) awarded in the Competition is $9,856.00 AUD.
AFL Authorisation Code GFAFL16/76
CONSUMER GAME OF CHANCE COMPETITION (SIMPLE)
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter and Prize(s) form part of the Schedule and these Conditions of Entry. These Conditions of Entry must be read in conjunction with the Schedule for the Competition. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of the Schedule and these Conditions of Entry. Capitalised terms and expressions appearing in these Conditions of Entry are as defined in the Schedule or these Conditions of Entry. Unless the contrary intention appears, a reference to the singular includes the plural and vice versa. The Schedule will prevail to the extent of any inconsistency between the Schedule and these Conditions of Entry. If applicable, these Conditions of Entry apply to each Participating Restaurant except where context in these Conditions of Entry indicates otherwise.
2. The Competition is open to Eligible Entrants. The directors, management and employees (and their Immediate Families) of the Promoter, its related entities, corporations or franchisees (if applicable), printers, suppliers, providers and agencies associated with the Competition are ineligible to enter the Competition.
3. Eligible Entrants aged under 18 years must obtain the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the Competition and provide Personal Information about themselves (if required). These Conditions of Entry will bind the Eligible Entrants and any parent or legal guardian who gives their consent (for Eligible Entrants aged under 18 years). If any winner is aged under 18 years, the Prize will be awarded to the parent or legal guardian who consented to the winner entering the Competition, on behalf of the winner, at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
4. Eligible Entrants may enter the Competition during the Competition Period in accordance with the Entry Mechanic. Eligible Entrants must provide all information required to enter the Competition, which may include, but is not limited to, their full name, gender, date of birth, residential address, current and valid email address, contact telephone number and mobile telephone number and, if applicable, the date of purchase of the Eligible Product and the location of the Participating Restaurant where the Eligible Product purchase transaction was made.
5. Eligible Entrants may enter up to the Entry Limit. If multiple entries are not permitted, any subsequent entry after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid. If multiple entries are permitted, each entry must be submitted separately and, if purchase is required, must be based on a separate Eligible Product purchase transaction. All entries must independently comply with these Conditions of Entry. Entries must be original and photocopies or images of entries will not be accepted. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Contact details entered incorrectly by an Eligible Entrant will deem their entry invalid.
6. If purchase is required, each Eligible Entrant must retain and may be required to present proof of purchase of each Eligible Product in order to claim a Prize. An Eligible Entrant may be required to provide to the Promoter proof of purchase for all entries made, upon request by the Promoter. If an Eligible Entrant is unable to provide proof of purchase for all entries made within the required timeframes, then all the entries of that Eligible Entrant will be ineligible and deemed invalid. For each Eligible Product purchased during the Competition Period, proof of purchase, if required, may include showing the original and providing a photocopy of the purchase receipt, which must clearly specify where the Eligible Product was purchased and that the Eligible Product was purchased during the Competition Period but prior to entry. Selection of Eligible Products is subject to availability at each Participating Restaurant and based on reasonably anticipated demand. Eligible Products may not be available for sale in all Participating Restaurants at all times during the Competition Period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any Eligible Products being unavailable at a Participating Restaurant during the Competition Period.
7. The first eligible entry or entries (as applicable) randomly drawn in the Draw(s) will win the Prize(s). All Prize(s) are subject to the Prize supplier’s prevailing terms and conditions of use and these Conditions of Entry (including the Schedule). It is a condition of accepting a Prize that the winner (and their parent or legal guardian, if the winner is aged under 18 years) may be required to sign legal release(s) in a form determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion.
8. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in the Draw(s) and record them (in order) in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn or if any Eligible Entrant drawn is unable to accept or declines to participate in a Prize, in which event the Promoter will award the Prize to the first reserve entry drawn and will continue this process until the Prize is awarded. If after this process any Prize(s) are still not awarded, or if any Eligible Entrant(s) drawn cannot be notified, the Promoter will hold the Unclaimed Prize Draw.
9. The Promoter will conduct the Unclaimed Prize Draw to distribute any Prize(s) unclaimed by that date, subject to any written directions given under applicable Australian State or Territory or New Zealand legislation.
10. The winner(s) will be notified in writing and published in the Publication (if applicable). Eligible Entrants agree that the Promoter may, in the event they are a winner, publish their name and locality in any media, as required under the relevant Australian State or Territory or New Zealand lottery legislation. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to notify winner(s). The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The value of all Prize(s) is the Total Maximum Prize Value. The Prize(s) are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash (unless otherwise indicated). The Prize(s) must be taken as offered and cannot be varied or redeemed in conjunction with any other offer. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from Prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in Prize value. All Prize values are the recommended retail price including GST.
12. Eligible Entrants can only enter in their own name. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Eligible Entrant produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Eligible Entrant’s identity, age, residential address, eligibility to enter and claim a Prize, and any information submitted by the Eligible Entrant in entering the Competition, before issuing a Prize (including confirming consent of an Eligible Entrant’s parent or legal guardian and the name, age and address of the parent or legal guardian who gave their consent, where an Eligible Entrant is under 18 years of age, if applicable). The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and to disqualify any Eligible Entrant for: (a) tampering with the entry process; (b) submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry; or (c) engaging in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. A Prize will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter or its agents require in their absolute discretion.
13. If the Competition is not capable of running as planned and/or a Prize (or element of a Prize) becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and/or if necessary to provide comparable prize(s) (or prize element) of equal or greater value to the original Prize(s), subject to any written directions made under applicable Australian State or Territory or New Zealand legislation.
14. The Promoter, its franchisees (if applicable) and its associated agencies and companies exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (including any applicable Consumer Guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law), for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way out of the Competition. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this Competition and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Competition as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, Prize claims or Prize(s); and/or (iv) acceptance and/or use of any Prize. Applicable manufacturers and/or distributors should be contacted in regards to all Prize warranty claims (where applicable).
15. As a condition of entering the Competition, an Eligible Entrant consents to, in the event they are a winner, the Promoter using the Eligible Entrant’s entry, name, locality, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the Competition (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The Eligible Entrant agrees that, in the event they are a winner, they will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the Competition as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
16. The Promoter may collect Personal Information about Eligible Entrants to include them in the Competition, award Prize(s) (where appropriate) and use the information to assist in improving its goods and services. If the Personal Information requested is not provided, Eligible Entrants cannot participate in the Competition and are deemed ineligible. If the Promoter collects an Eligible Entrant’s Personal Information, the Promoter will provide to the Eligible Entrant, at time of entry into the Competition, a collection statement that details the Personal Information being collected, the purpose of its collection, where the Personal Information will be stored and how it will be shared with third parties. The collection statement will comply with the Promoter’s disclosure obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
18. McDonald’s is committed to helping its customers make informed decisions about their food and beverage choices. McDonald’s provides healthier food and beverage options for adults and children and ensures nutritional information is easily accessible to its customers on its websites (mcdonalds.com.au / mcdonalds.co.nz), in its restaurants and, if possible, on product packaging.
19. In these Conditions of Entry: “Australian Consumer Law” means Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). “Immediate Families” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or cousin. “McDonald’s” means McDonald’s Australia Limited (ABN 43 008 496 928) of 21 – 29 Central Avenue, Thornleigh, New South Wales 2120 and/or McDonald’s Restaurants (New Zealand) of 302 Great South Road, Greenlane, Auckland 1051 (as applicable). “Personal Information” means, for the purpose of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.