CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Entry is via Internet only.
2. Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 13 years or older (Entrants). The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
3. Entrants aged under 18 years must obtain the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the promotion and provide Personal Information about themselves. All entries of Entrants who are under the age of 18 years and enter the promotion without disclosing (or attempting to conceal) their age (as and where required) and/or do not provide the required parental or guardian consent (as and where required) will be deemed invalid. These Conditions of Entry will bind the Entrants and any parent or legal guardian who gives their consent (for Entrants aged under 18 years). If a winner is aged under 18 years, the prize will, at the sole discretion of the Promoter, be awarded to the parent or legal guardian who consented to the winner entering the promotion on behalf of the winner.
PROMOTIONAL STAGES AND JUDGINGS
4. The promotion commences on 14/08/2016 and ends on 19/08/2016(Promotional Period).
5. The Promotional Period will be divided into three (3) promotional stages as set out below, for the purpose of determining winners and awarding prizes in this promotion (each, a Promotional Stage). Each Promotional Stage will occur during a Hamish & Andy Live show (each, a Show) to be held within the Promotional Period. Each Promotional Stage will have its own judging in Richmond, Victoria by the end of the applicable Promotional Stage’s Show. All eligible entries received during a Promotional Stage will be judged by a panel of appropriately qualified judges on the basis of originality and creative merit to determine five (5) winners for that Promotional Stage. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Entries for each Promotional Stage must be received by the Promoter during the Promotional Stage to be eligible for the corresponding judging. Entries received in a given Promotional Stage are only eligible for the corresponding judging and will NOT rollover into any subsequent judging(s). The winners of each judging will be announced by the end of the Show of the corresponding Promotional Stage, and will be notified in writing by a private Facebook message from the Promoter to their Facebook account by 8:00pm (AEST) on the day of the corresponding Promotional Stage. All reasonable steps to notify winners of the results of the judgings will be taken by the Promoter. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Promotional Stages and judgings will be held as follows:
a. Promotional Stage 1: during the Show on 14/08/2016;
b. Promotional Stage 2: during the Show on 17/08/2016;
c. Promotional Stage 3: during the Show on 19/08/2016.
HOW TO ENTER
6. To enter, Entrants must, during a Promotional Stage:
a. become a registered user of Facebook (Entrants who are already registered users of Facebook will not be required to complete this step);
b. log onto www.facebook.com/McDonaldsAU (Promotional Page) and be watching the live Hamish & Andy Live Show. For the avoidance of doubt, Entrants must be watching the live broadcast of the Show and NOT the replay; and
c. comment on the Facebook Live post with their answer to the question asked by Hamish and Andy during the Show on the Promotional Page in the manner required. For the avoidance of doubt, to ‘comment’ in this context means to select a ‘comment’ icon on the Promotional Page and to submit a ‘comment’ on the Promotional Page, (together, an Entry).
7. Multiple entries are permitted, however each Entry must be substantially unique, must be submitted separately and must independently comply with these Conditions of Entry.
8. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
9. Costs associated with accessing the Promotional Page remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary depending on the Internet service or telecommunications provider used.
10. Entrants acknowledge that their personal Facebook page may be updated by entering the promotion and that their Entry or Entries and their name, locality, username and/or profile photograph may be featured on the Promotional Page and generally on Facebook for public viewing during the Promotional Period and in perpetuity (unless otherwise requested). Once an Entry is submitted, Entrants acknowledge that the Entry may not be withdrawn, altered or deleted (except as and where required by the Promoter).
11. Facebook membership, notifications, pages, applications and use of Facebook generally is subject to its prevailing terms and conditions of use at www.facebook.com/policies. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and Facebook. Entrants are solely responsible and liable for any content or information they transmit to other Internet users. To the extent permitted by law, each Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and forever hold harmless, Facebook and its associated agencies and companies, against any and all losses, actions, claims, costs, expenses and damages (of any nature) which may be incurred by an Entrant in respect of the Entrant’s participation in the promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints about the promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
12. Without limiting any of the provisions of these Conditions of Entry, the Promoter requires that each Entry fully complies with these Conditions of Entry and must not include or make reference to the Intellectual Property Rights of any person including but not limited to any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trade marks, copyrighted material, mark that identifies a brand or other third party materials, unless the Entry is submitted with the written consent of the owner of the applicable Intellectual Property Rights. An Entry submitted without obtaining such written consent may result in the Entry becoming invalid for the purposes of the promotion and/or the Entrant being subject to legal liability. Any entries that contain content that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be offensive, inappropriate or objectionable in any way or to infringe any Intellectual Property Rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity, will not be accepted as eligible Entries into the promotion. This includes, but is not limited to, any Entry which the Promoter considers to be disparaging to its products and/or services or is otherwise not in keeping with the spirit of the promotion. The decision by the Promoter to accept or reject an Entry is in the Promoter's sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
14. For each Promotional Stage, the five (5) entries judged as the best entries from all eligible entries received for the corresponding Promotional Stage, will each win one (1) McDonald’s® branded track suit valued at $120.00 each.
15. The winner must inform the Promoter in writing of their required track suit size within five (5) days from the date the winner is successfully notified by the Promoter that they have won, otherwise the prize may be forfeited. Once the winner confirms their track suit size with the Promoter, no changes may be made to the prize by the winner. No refunds, returns or exchanges permitted if the winner selects an incorrect size. All ancillary costs not expressly included are the responsibility of the winner.
16. Each Entrant whose Entry is one (1) of the five (5) best judged entries in each Promotional Stage must confirm their eligibility to be awarded a prize and their ability to accept a prize within 30 business days of being successfully notified by the Promoter that their Entry has been judged as (1) of the five (5) best judged entries, otherwise their Entry will be deemed invalid. In the event that the Promoter cannot successfully contact the Entrant who submitted one (1) of the five (5) best judged entries within 30 business days of the judging, or in the event of an invalid Entry or an ineligible Entrant, or if the Entrant is ineligible to accept or declines to accept the prize, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, award the prize to the next best judged Entry. The Promoter will continue this process until an Entrant has been successfully contacted and the Entrant has confirmed their eligibility to be awarded the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, only once an Entrant has confirmed their eligibility to be awarded the prize and ability to participate in the prize will the Entrant, subject to these Conditions of Entry, be deemed a winner of the Promotional Stage.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to request a winner produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter's satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the identity and age of the winner before issuing the prize.
18. It is a condition of accepting and participating in a prize that the winner may be required to sign legal release(s) (including prize acceptance release(s)) in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. If a winner is under 18 years of age, their parent or legal guardian must also agree to and sign such documents (if requested by the Promoter).
19. The total maximum prize pool value is $1,800.00. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash (unless otherwise indicated). The prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The prizes cannot be used or redeemed in conjunction with any other offer. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. All prize values are the recommended retail price including GST.
20. All right, title and interest, including in all Intellectual Property Rights, in all promotional materials and in the Promoter's brands, logos, trading names, products and/or services and the Promotional Page will remain or be vested in the Promoter. Participation in the promotion by an Entrant will not under any circumstances be taken to constitute a transfer, assignment or grant of any ownership rights in any promotional material or in any of the Promoter's brands, logos, trading names and products and/or services. The Promoter, on a case by case basis and to the extent required, grants to each Entrant a non-exclusive licence for the relevant Promotional Stage to use the promotional material and the Promoter's brands, logos, trading names and products and/or services solely for the purpose, and to the extent necessary, to enable each Entrant to participate in the promotion.
21. By entering the promotion, each Entrant grants to the Promoter a royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, unconditional, non-exclusive, transferable licence (and agrees to use their best endeavours to procure any relevant third parties to grant to the Promoter such licence) to use their Entry for the purposes of marketing and promoting the Promoter and/or its goods and services in any manner and in any media whether existing now or in the future, without the further consent of the Entrant and without any further compensation payable to the Entrant. Each Entrant also expressly consents for the benefit of the Promoter to all or any acts or omissions that would ordinarily constitute an infringement of the Entrant’s moral rights in relation to all Intellectual Property Rights in their Entry pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), including the Promoter having an unfettered right to treat the Entry in any manner at its sole discretion, to alter the Entry in any manner and to the Promoter not attributing authorship of the Entry to the Entrant.
22. Entrants are solely responsible and liable for their Entries and any other information they transmit to other Internet users. The Promoter may delete or request the deletion of any content posted on the Promotional Page in accordance with its prevailing terms and conditions of use and these Conditions of Entry. Any Entries that are removed by the Promoter from the Promotional Page will not be considered eligible Entries for the purpose of the promotion. The Promoter is not responsible and excludes all liability (to the greatest extent allowable by law) for the content of any Entries submitted for the purposes of the promotion (including but not limited to any illegal, incorrect or inaccurate content or third party advertising).
23. To the extent permitted by law, each Entrant indemnifies, and must defend and hold harmless, the Promoter and its employees, servants, agents and contractors, from and against all Losses arising from: (i) a breach by the Entrant of any of these Conditions of Entry; (ii) any third party claim arising directly or indirectly from a breach by the Entrant of any of these Conditions of Entry; (iii) a negligent, willful or otherwise wrongful act or omission of the Entrant; (iv) fraudulent or dishonest acts or omissions by the Entrant; (v) any breach by the Entrant of any applicable Laws; (vi) any claim by any third party (including individuals, legal entities and governmental departments or agencies) arising directly or indirectly as a result of the Entrant entering the Promotion; (vii) the death of, or personal injury to, any person or any damage to, or loss or destruction of, any real or tangible personal property, to the extent caused by any act or omission of the Entrant; and (viii) any claim or allegation that the Entrant's Entry infringes a third party's Intellectual Property Rights or constitutes an unlawful disclosure or misuse or misappropriation of another party's trade secret or confidential information.
24. Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Entrant produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Entrant’s identity, age, residential address, eligibility to enter and claim a prize, and any information submitted by the Entrant in entering the promotion, before issuing a prize (including confirming consent of an Entrant’s parent or legal guardian and the name, age and address of the parent or legal guardian who gave their consent, where an Entrant is under 18 years of age). If any documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or an Entrant or Entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s (or its nominated agent’s) satisfaction then all the entries of that Entrant may be ineligible and deemed invalid.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and to disqualify any Entrant for: (a) tampering with the Entry process; (b) submitting an Entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry; or (c) engaging in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
26. As a condition of entering this promotion, each Entrant consents to, in the event they are a winner, the Promoter and its external media partners using the Entrant's Entry, name, locality (including suburb and State or Territory of residence), likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media worldwide for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the promotion (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The Entrant agrees that, in the event they are a winner, the Entrant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents and sign any additional documents reasonably required by the Promoter to give effect to this condition.
27. If a prize or element of a prize becomes unavailable, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a comparable prize or prize element of equal or greater value will be awarded in lieu.
28. If the promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including because of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures, directions of regulators or industry self-regulatory bodies or any which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or if necessary to provide alternative prize(s) to the same value as the original prize(s).
29. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (including any applicable consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law), for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way out of the promotion. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prize(s); and/or (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize.
30. Any attempt to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the Promotional Page or the information on the Promotional Page, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Conditions of Entry or any other legal obligation by an Entrant, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
31. The Promoter is committed to helping its customers make informed decisions about their food and beverage choices. The Promoter provides healthier food and beverage options for adults and children and ensures nutritional information is easily accessible to its customers. Nutritional information is available on websites, including on the Promoter’s website (www.mcdonalds.com.au), in McDonald’s Restaurants and, wherever possible, on product packaging.
32. The Promoter and its promotional partners collect Personal Information about an Entrant to award the prizes (where appropriate). If the Personal Information requested is not provided, the Entrant cannot participate in the promotion and is deemed ineligible. An Entrant also agrees that the Promoter may, in the event the Entrant is a winner, publish or cause to be published the Entrant winner’s name and locality in any media.
33. If the Promoter collects an Entrant’s Personal Information, the Promoter will provide to the Entrant, at the time of notifying the Entrant that their entry has been judged as one (1) of the five (5) best judged entries in the corresponding Promotional Stage, a collection statement that details the Personal Information being collected, the purpose of its collection, where the Personal Information will be stored and how it will be shared with third parties. The collection statement will comply with the Promoter’s disclosure obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
35. By entering the promotion, Entrants acknowledge that a further primary purpose for collection of the Entrant’s Personal Information by the Promoter is to contact the Entrant in the future with information about the Promoter, including special offers, market research or to provide the Entrant with marketing materials via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future. The Promoter may share an Entrant’s Personal Information with its Australian and overseas related companies, promotional partners, servants, employees, agents and trusted third parties who may contact the Entrant for their legitimate commercial purposes, including special offers, market research or to provide the Entrant with marketing materials in this way. By entering the promotion, Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Promoter and any applicable third parties may use their Personal Information in the manner set out in this condition.
36. In these Conditions of Entry: “Australian Consumer Law” means Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). “Intellectual Property Rights” means all present and future rights of whatever nature anywhere in the world including, but not limited to, rights in respect of or in connection with copyright, inventions (including patents), trade marks, service marks, trade names, domain names, designs, confidential information, trade secrets and know-how and similar industrial, commercial and intellectual property rights, whether or not registered or registrable, and includes the right to apply for the registration of such rights, and whether existing in Australia or otherwise. “Laws” means all laws including rules of common law, principles of equity, statutes, regulations, proclamations, ordinances, by-laws, rules, regulatory principles and requirements, statutory rules of an industry body, statutory mandatory codes of conduct, writs, orders, injunctions, judgments, and generally accepted accounting principles in Australia. “Losses” means loss, damage, liability, charge, expense or cost (including all reasonable legal and other professional costs on a full indemnity basis) of any nature or kind. “Personal Information” means, for the purpose of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
37. Promoter: McDonald’s Australia Limited, ABN 43 008 496 928, of 21–29 Central Avenue, Thornleigh NSW 2120. Telephone: (02) 9875 6666.