Privacy Collection Statement
McDonald's Australia Limited (ABN 43 008 496 928) ("McDonald's") collects personal information about you in a number of ways, including: via our websites (including www.mcdonalds.com.au), social media pages, and internal websites or intranet (each a “Website”); via our mobile and tablet applications (each an “Application”); when you sign up for or purchase products or services; and when you interact with us and provide personal information by any other means including either physically or electronically (“Collection Channels”).
McDonald’s does not intend to collect personal information from any person under the age of 18 years without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Please do not provide personal information if you are aged under 18 years unless you have the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Information we collect and hold
McDonald’s collects personal information about you in a number of ways, including: via our websites (including www.mcdonalds.com.au), social media pages, and internal websites or intranet (each a “Website”); via our mobile and tablet applications (each an “Application”); and when you interact with us and provide personal information by any other means including either physically or electronically (“Collection Channels”). Personal information that McDonald’s collects and holds may include your name, email address, delivery address, date of birth, phone number, payment method, social media handles, photographs of you and other identifying information you choose to provide via a particular Collection Channel. When you use a Website or Application, we may also collect personal information about you in the following general categories:
- Location information: If you permit an Application to access location services through the permission system in your mobile device, we may collect the precise location of your device when the Application is running in the foreground or background in order to deliver your order or to send you alerts such as the location of your nearest McDonald’s restaurant.
- Transaction information: We collect your transaction details when you place an order via a Website or Application, including the products you have ordered, the date and time of your order and the amount charged.
- Device information: We may collect information about your mobile device such as the hardware model, operating system, preferred language, unique device identifier and mobile network.
- Employee information: If you are a job applicant, an employee in one of our restaurants or our corporate offices, or a former employee, using a Website or Application as part of your job, we may collect information about the training modules you have completed, the forms you have submitted, the approvals you have given or received, and other similar information related to your job.
- Other information: We may also collect and log information such as your IP address, access dates and times, browser type and pages visited when you interact with a Website or Application.
In addition to the information listed above, in some cases we may collect personal information about you from third parties, including:
- When you choose to create an account or register for a product or service via a Website or Application using a social media platform such as Facebook;
- When a third party has your consent to disclose your personal information to us, such as when you enter a competition or promotion administered by a third party on our behalf; and
- When it is otherwise lawful for a third party to disclose your personal information to us.
How McDonald’s collects and holds personal information
Active information collection
McDonald’s may collect your personal information via our Collection Channels when you:
a. purchase a product or make a booking through a Website or Application;
b. participate in any offers, marketing activities and/or promotional activities;
c. contact us or provide us with personal information directly via any medium including a Website or Application, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email (“Electronic Messages”), social media platforms, mail, telephone and in person;
d. interact with a Website or Application for a specific purpose;
e. browse a Website or Application generally;
f. sign-up to, or register an account via, any Collection Channel; or
g. apply for employment with McDonald’s.
Mobile platforms such as iOS and Android generally define certain types of information or data that applications cannot access without your consent. Each platform has its own permissions system for obtaining your consent. For example, the iOS platform generally alerts you the first time a McDonald’s Application wants permission to access certain types of data, such as location services, and will let you choose whether or not to consent to that request. Android devices will generally notify you of the permissions that a McDonald’s Application seeks before you first use the Application, and your use of the Application constitutes your consent. You can generally manage your platform level permissions via the Settings section on your device. For more information, please contact your device provider or refer to the user manual for your device.