Privacy Collection Statement
McDonald's Australia Limited (ABN 43 008 496 928) ("McDonald's") collects personal information about you in a number of ways, including: via our websites (including www.mcondalds.com.au), social media pages, and internal websites or intranet (each a “Website”); via our mobile and tablet applications (each an “Application”); when you sign up for or purchase products or services; and when you interact with us and provide personal information by any other means including either physically or electronically (“Collection Channels”).
McDonald’s does not intend to collect personal information from any person under the age of 14 years. Please do not provide personal information if you are aged under 14 years.
Information we collect
McDonald’s collects personal information that you provide directly to us. This may include your name, email address, delivery address, date of birth, phone number, payment method, social media handles, photographs of you and other identifying information you choose to provide via a particular Collection Channel. When you use a Website or Application, we may also collect personal information about you in the following general categories:
- Location information: If you permit an Application to access location services through the permission system in your mobile device, we may collect the precise location of your device when the Application is running in the foreground or background in order to deliver your order or to send you alerts such as the location of your nearest McDonald’s restaurant.
- Transaction information: We collect your transaction details when you place an order via a Website or Application, including the products you have ordered, the date and time of your order and the amount charged.
- Device information: We may collect information about your mobile device such as the hardware model, operating system, preferred language, unique device identifier and mobile network.
- Other information: We may also collect and log information such as your IP address, access dates and times, browser type and pages visited when you interact with a Website or Application.
In addition to the information listed above, in some cases we may collect personal information about you from third parties, including:
- When you choose to create an account or register for a product or service via a Website or Application using a social media platform such as Facebook;
- When a third party has your consent to disclose your personal information to us, such as when you enter a competition or promotion administered by a third party on our behalf; and
- When it is otherwise lawful for a third party to disclose your personal information to us.
We may also collect personal or anonymous information about you from other sources and may combine that information with other information collected from you or from third parties for the purposes disclosed in this Collection Statement.
Purposes of collection
McDonald’s collects your personal information in order to:
- Provide you with certain content, products or services requested by you;
- Allow you to use and enjoy the functionality of a Website or Application;
- Enter you into and administer promotions;
- Manage your orders and facilitate payment;
- Contact you with direct marketing materials and personalised communications via any medium including mail, telephone, mobile and tablet applications, and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future and, if applicable, as selected by you;
- Provide, maintain and improve our products and services;
- Customise a Website or Application based on your preferences;
- Administer and improve a Website or Application for your use;
- Compile and analyse statistics and trends; or
- Provide you with relevant direct marketing materials with your consent when you use a Website or Application or those of a third party
Sharing your information
For the purposes described above, your information may be shared with McDonald’s franchisees, subsidiaries and related bodies corporate, promotional partners, professional service providers and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants and agents), either in Australia or overseas including but not limited to the United States of America, Japan, Malaysia and Singapore.
Not providing information
Failure to provide personal information may result in you being unable to register for certain products or services, participate in a promotion, access elements of a Website or Application, place orders, make contributions to a Website or Application, and/or in McDonald’s being unable to provide you with certain content, products or services.