It seems you’re interested in becoming a McDonald’s franchisee, which means you’re smart...a people person with solid business skills, and not afraid to roll up your sleeves and work hard, especially if it gets you to where you want to be. It’s these key ingredients we’re looking for.
On your quest to become a McDonald’s franchisee you’ll experience personal growth and gain management skills that you’ll find invaluable. And along the way you’ll have the guidance of our proven McDonald’s franchisee training model, plus all the support and nuggets of knowledge we can offer on a local and national level.
Obviously there’s a lot of territory to cover, so read on to discover the opportunity of a lifetime.
A McDonald’s franchise is a proven business model, in fact in Australia, over 80 per cent of our restaurants are owned and operated by local franchisees. The care we take in recruiting, screening, training, developing and retaining qualified franchisees has been integral to both our own and our franchisees’ growth and success. It’s a real partnership, in fact, we like to say it’s “a little bit of you and a little bit of us”.
It is a golden opportunity that brings rewards, but it is also hard work and not everyone’s cup of tea. So, we think it’s best to be upfront and give you all the facts so that you can decide for yourself.
What are the benefits and opportunities?
Your own business: We give you the tools and support at both a local and national level to help make your business a success.
Personal satisfaction: Enjoy the satisfaction that comes from working with other people, from your restaurant crew, to your customers and the local community. Many of our franchise owners have made an impact on a local level with our global brand.
Contribution: We welcome contributions and an open exchange of ideas between the company and our franchisees. The Big Mac®, Filet-O-Fish® and Bacon & Egg McMuffin® have all been developed from ideas generated by franchisees around the world.
Growth and experience: The personal growth and business knowledge you’ll develop from our extensive training and your experience as a franchisee is invaluable. We encourage all our franchise owners to grow and to continually improve themselves and their businesses.
What's Involved and What Does it Take?
McDonald’s will be your only business. You cannot work anywhere else except at McDonald’s and you’ve got to be prepared to make an investment of hard work and long hours to reach success.
- You’re able to commit to our Registered Applicant Training Program for a minimum of 12 months. The training program is part-time and unpaid.
- You’re able to make a significant financial investment – upwards of $1,200,000 unencumbered funds.
- Once you’ve completed your training, you are open to the challenge of a regional location anywhere within Australia.
- You’re looking to make a 20 year commitment.
- You currently have or have had a successful business or career, demonstrated significant team leadership and know how to attract and develop talented people.
- You are or you are able to become an integral part of your community as an employer, service provider, local business leader and an advocate of the McDonald’s brand.
- You’re energetic and take a hands-on approach.
For more information on becoming a Franchisee, please refer to the McDonald’s Australia Franchising Overview and articles below.
PDF - 0.64 Mb
Currently Not Taking Applications
We're always looking for highly qualified people to invest in our franchise business, however at this current point in time we are not taking any further applications.
Please be sure to keep an eye on our website and we will advise when we are recruiting again.
For all franchising queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org