Charlie Bell Scholarship for Future Leaders 2020
In recognition of the contribution made by the former McDonald’s Corporation CEO, Charlie Bell, a scholarship for future leaders has been created in his name recognising Charlie’s commitment towards the provision of ongoing learning and education.
Charlie commenced his career as a crew person with McDonald’s Kingsford in 1976 at the age of 15 and he quickly progressed through the ranks, becoming Australia’s youngest Restaurant Manager at the age of 19. He was appointed Managing Director of McDonald’s Australia in 1993 and then ultimately President and Chief Executive Officer of McDonald’s Corporation in April 2004 at the age of 43.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible to apply for the Scholarship, applicants must:
- Gain acceptance to or be enrolled in, an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at an Australian University;
- Be available to commence university or continue university, as the case may be, in Semester 1, 2020;
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- In respect of one of the awards, an applicant must be employed by McDonald’s or its franchisees; and
- Not have been a previous award recipient of the Charlie Bell Scholarship for Future Leaders
- If an applicant is aged under 18 years, parental consent is required to validate the Scholarship application.
Entries for the 2020 Scholarship open the 1st October and close the 28th October
Applications documents are to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in pdf format (file size cannot exceed 25MB). Application Form is a fillable pdf form, please complete and save before sending.
Please do not contact McDonald’s with regards to your scholarship application once lodged. All successful and unsuccessful applicants will be contacted in due course.